for grades 9-12
Questions? Amanda White (email@example.com) - DCE Intern
or Pastor Seth Moorman (firstname.lastname@example.org) - Pastor of Family Life & Youth
Spring Book Fair is May 19-24!
Our Spring Scholastic Bookfair is coming in MAY!
- Save dates, May 19-27 the high school youth sponsored book fair will be in the library. This is a great chance to get some summer family reading, add to your home library or maybe a thank you gift for a teacher. The fair will be open on Sunday, May 19 from 9am-12:30pm, then Monday & Tuesday from 8am-5pm, and Wednesday through Friday before/after school. We look forward to seeing you at the fair!
- Set up is on Friday, May 17 starting at 3:30PM and take down is on Friday, May 27 at 4:30PM.
- We are looking for some youth and parents to help us run the book fair; you can earn money in your youth account for your next mission trip or event with Bethany’s Youth! Contact Amanda to Volunteer.
Celebrate & Thank Amanda White:
Amanda has been an amazing DCE intern this year! Come and celebrate her success and wish her well on her next adventure.
Please RSVP or if you have questions to Diana Orr (email@example.com), so we can plan accordingly. - Hosted by Bethany’s Board of Youth
Your family is invited to join us at the beach...
Saturday, June 8, 2013 from 10:00am-2:00pm
Bolsa Chica State Beach - Lifeguard Station closest to
Jack-in-the-Box (PCH & Warner)
Lunch will be provided, but please RSVP with names.
*This is NOT a drop off/pick up event. Supervision is limited. A signed Bethany permission slip needs to be on file for any youth attending.
NYG Participant News:
It feels like we just got back from the gathering in New Orleans, but it’s that time again, NYG (National Youth Gathering) is this coming year is July 1-5, 2013 in San Antonio, Texas. This year we will join thousands of other Lutheran Youth and explore what the love of God really looks like. The theme verse is 1 John 4:9 "This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him."
- Mandatory NYG Meeting on Sunday, June 2 @ 12:00pm (noon) in the Youth Center.
We have a FACEBOOK Group!
High School Music Ministry:MORE INFORMATION FOR THE HIGH SCHOOL MUSIC MINISTRY AND THE SCHEDULE FOR THE YEAR CAN BE FOUND ON THE LINK BELOW:
High School Bible Study:
All high school youth are encouraged and invited to join us in the Youth Center. We have guest speakers and our topics are current and relevant to topics affecting teenagers today. Watch the Sunday bulletin for each month’s details. All are welcome and invite a friend. This is a great time to reconnect with friends and be in the Word.
- We meet every Sunday morning from 9:30-10:30AM in the Youth Room.
- NO HS Study on Sunday, May 26 - Memorial Weekend holiday
Coffee & Donut Volunteers:
Thank you to the High School Youth who volunteered to help with this Sunday morning service to our congregation. The new schedule was sent by email to the participants and is posted in three additional places on campus: in the Youth Room, on the Bulletin Board in the breezeway by the Gym/Youth Center, and on the Coffee & Donuts Cabinet. A reminder postcard will be mailed to you prior to your scheduled Sunday.
- Coffee & Donuts Schedule: February - July 2013
Yearlong Medical Release/Permission Form:
All youth must have a current medical release form on file to participate in any event.Forms are available in the Youth Center if you need to fill one out or click on the link below to download the current form.
PARENTS...if you are a driver for any youth event, please fill out the Drivers Information Form and have one on file.