Wednesday, December 08, 2021, 12:15 PM - 1:00 PM
Advent & Christmas Information
Prayer for Lighting of Your Advent Wreath at Home: O Living God and Life Giving Spirit, we praise for our evergreen crowns, which mark the days of preparation for Christ’s Advent among us. As we light the candles on our wreaths this season we pray that You would: rouse us from sleep, that we may be ready to greet our Lord when He comes; and prepare us O Spirit of God, to welcome Him with Joy even as He has welcomed us. Kindle O Lord the fire of Your love within us that our lives might ever be a light shining in darkness that points to You. May Your passionate service burn within us that we would serve friends, neighbors and strangers alike, even as You have served us. And finally Eternal God, may our Advent wreaths serve as proverbial wheels of time, not only directing us to that day of Your return but reminding us that You are ever here, so open our eyes we pray to see Your presence in this world, even in the smallest and lowliest of forms. Amen.
It is getting to be that time of year yet again when our homes are decorated for Christmas. The manger scene will be set in its prominent place and our tables become altars in the kitchen upon which set an Advent Wreath.
This Advent season we will have a few worship options.
- ONLINE ZOOM GATHERING at 7:00PM each Wednesday in Advent (December 1, 8, 15 & 22). Link to the Online Zoom Gathering is https://bit.ly/bethanyadvent2021. Password: Jesus!
- IN PERSON MIDWEEK ADVENT WORSHIP will be at Holy Cross on December 1st and 15th at 12:15PM and at Bethany on December 8th and 22nd at 12:15PM. Each service will have its own unique Advent songs (and a Christmas carol too) for those who plan to join us for all four service. The first service at each campus (December 1 and 8) will light the Hope and Love candles. The second service on each campus (December 15 and 22) will light the Joy and Peace candles. Thus even if you can only make two services (whether on the same campus or mix and match) you’ll be able to spend worship time midweek this Advent filling your heart and mind with the promises of Hope, Love, Joy and Peace as you prepare to greet “He who comes to us in the name of the Lord”.
Christmas Season Worship - We will have plenty of opportunity to “Come and Adore Him, Christ the Lord” in worship over this Christmastide.
Christmas Eve – Friday, December 24th
- 1:00PM & 3:00PM Family Worship at Bethany
- 7:00PM at Holy Cross
- 11:00PM Christmas Eve Worship with Holy Communion at Bethany
Christmas Day – Saturday, December 25th
- 9:30AM with Holy Communion at Bethany
On Sunday, December 26th
- We will have elder led services on all three campuses.
- 9:30AM ONLY at Bethany
- 10:00AM at The Gathering
- 11:00AM at Holy Cross