- If you are interested in this 3 year program please contact Kayleigh Lopez at .
Bethany Lutheran Church offers a three year Confirmation program to all 6th, 7th, and 8th graders. We believe that Confirmation plays a vital role in the lives of our youth and families. It helps to promote spiritual formation and cultivates peer-to-peer and multi-generational faith connections.
This multiple year program is all-inclusive in its teachings. Your child(ren) will learn about the absolute truth of Scripture, Lutheran Theology and Doctrine, and how to actively live in the faith given to them through the power of the Holy Spirit. We cannot stress enough the importance of participating in all aspects of this program. We feel this Confirmation program is an integral component in the partnership between church and home in the faith formation of your child(ren). We believe it is a wonderful way for living faith to be passed down.
All Confirmation classes will take place on Wednesday evenings from 6:30-8:00 p.m. in the Youth Room.
We use online forms for Confirmation Registration. Please use the following links to fill out ALL forms needed to be enrolled in Confirmation prior to the Student/Parent Informational Meeting. This will expedite the process of enrolling your child(ren).
- Yearlong Permission Form
- Enrollment Form (The new 2022-23 form is unavailable at this time, check back at the and of summer)
The Confirmation Fee for the class is $40 per student/ per year. This fee covers materials for the class and Confirmation needs throughout the program.
Kayleigh Lopez - Minister of Youth
Cell Phone: 309-397-6583 or Email:
Class Schedule 2022/2023 is forthcoming
- Start date for 2022/23 is TBD.
- IF A CLASS TIME NEEDS TO BE POSTPONED OR CHANGED, KAYLEIGH LOPEZ WILL EMAIL FAMILIES AND INFORM THEM OF THESE CHANGES.
+ + + + + + +
Confirmation Lesson Videos (Archive)
*Click on the name of the video. Please note that an access code is required to view the video and was emailed to the enrolled Confirmation student.
Year 3 (2019-2020):
- Week 1 - Homolegeo
- Week 2 - The Psychology of Sin
- Week 3 - The Personal Conflict of Sin
- Week 4 - Idolatry, is it a problem? + Youtube video for Week 4 lesson
- Week 5 - No video lesson
- Week 6 - Confession and Absolution
- Week 7 - No video lesson
- Week 8 & 9 - Satan's fall
year 2 (2018-2019):
- Week 1 - What is a Sacrament?
- Week 2 - John and Jesus
- Week 3 - Water and the Word
- Week 4 - The Gift of the Spirit/Faith
- Week 5 - The Protection We Receive
- Week 6 - Not Just A One Time Deal
- Week 7 - What is Prayer?
- Week 8 - Why Do We Pray?
- Week 9 - How Do We Pray?
Year 1 (2017-2018):
- Week 1 - Moses receives the 10 Commandments
- Week 2 - You shall have no other gods
- Week 3 - Do I misuse the Lord's name?
- Week 4 - How Do I Spend My Time?
- Week 5 - Mom and Pop and the Others
- Week 6 & 7 - No video lesson
- Week 8 - Where There is Property There is Theft
- Week 9 - Sticks and Stones
- Week 10 - Completely Consumed
- Week 11 - Extinct of Distinction
- Weeks 12-14 - No video lessons
- Week 15 - Standing Firm
- Week 16 - Defending What?
Acolyte and Crucifer Program Volunteers:
Boys and girls in the 4th through 12th grades, who are members of Bethany Lutheran Church or non-members who participate in one of Bethany's education programs (e.g. Kid's Bible Discovery, Christian Day School, or Confirmation classes) are eligible to participate.