ALL Adult Studies are currently on break at this time due to the COVID-19 Pandemic.
*We have a NEW Bible Discovery Resource page for you & your family to use during this time of not meeting in person.
*Please click HERE to go the Bible Discovery Resource page of this website. God bless each and every one of you.
SUNDAY Morning, Afternoon & Evening:
Making "Community Connections" through Prayer: We are taking a break due to COVID-19. This group normally meets 7:30-7:55AM every Sunday in the Conference Room - this is temporarily on break until further notice. You are invited to drop in any Sunday and pray silently or from a prayer guide. Consider coming next Sunday...you will be so welcomed! God is powerful and mighty. He asks that we come to Him with our requests. FYI all who worship and all who serve in worship service are prayed for as well. - Pre-service Prayer Group
Lessons of the Day: We are taking a break due to COVID-19. Normally every Sunday morning join John Schinnerer at 9:30AM in the Library. This study highlights the readings/lesson of the day.
Adult Bible Discovery - Pastor’s Class! We are taking a break due to COVID-19. We normally meet at 9:30AM in the Choir Room for a spiritual formation opportunity led by our ministry staff. The overarching theme this year will be “A Renaissance of the Heart” as we move into the second phase of the Renaissance project seeking God’s transformative power to be make known in us and through us. Our focus this fall will be Getting to Know Jesus:
- Have you ever asked any of these questions? How can I get to know Jesus better? How can I possibly understand all that the Bible teaches and reveals? What is the most important teaching in the Bible for me to know?
- Getting to know Jesus connects the dots between knowing the right Bible answers and having a real relationship with Jesus Christ. Using the six core teachings of the bible we hope that you will be more deeply connected to Jesus through this class. Plus, you will be better prepared to talk to family and friends about your relationship with Jesus in a clear and personal way.
- New to Christianity? New to Bible study? Been a believer all your life? Attended Bible study for years?
This class is for everyone who wants to get to know Jesus in a personal way.
Wellspring Spiritual Formation Class for Women of All Ages: We are taking a break due to COVID-19. We normally meet on Sundays, 9:15-10:30AM in Room 215 from October 13, 2019 to May 2020. Join us for a life-changing spiritual journey! Two Steps Forward: A Story of Persevering in Hope By Spiritual Director, Sharon Garlough Brown... We’ll read and discuss a chapter each week as we dig into God’s Word and explore spiritual practices that allow God to transform our hearts from the inside out. *IMPORTANT...Please plan for consistent participation in class, reading, and attendance. We recommend that you read the book, “Sensible Shoes”, before class starts. Copies are available to borrow. Book is $13 - check or cash to Mary Kay Esswein. For more info contact Mary Kay Esswein or Randa Pearson.
Men’s Bible Study Fellowship:
- Men's BSF has suspended meeting in person for the rest of this year. HOWEVER...in the meantime, the study is posted online and we will have Facetime opportunities.
- If you are interested and would be new to this study, it is suggested you wait until September for the new session to begin.
- For the past four years, Bethany has hosted an international Bible Study, called Bible Study Fellowship (BSF). It starts in September every year and goes to May. This year we are studying Acts. You can learn more at the BSF website: https://www.bsfinternational.org/. For me, this was a life changing study; in fact, the BSF bible study impacted my Christian walk more than other Christian endeavor. If you think you would like to know more, please feel free to contact me. - Don Baldwin
ReFuel: ReFuel normally is the 1st & 3rd Wednesdays (6:30-7:00PM in the Sanctuary) of the month... ReFuel's next date is May 20, 2020.
Wednesday Adult Bible Study: We are taking a break due to COVID-19....Have you ever been told to, “consider it a life lesson”? I can recall being told so on a few occasions, and never was it following something good! Following Easter our Midweek Wednesday Adult Bible Study will return. And thank goodness the Life Lessons we will consider are indeed good! Life Lessons from Philippians will be our text, written by Max Lucado is based upon St. Paul’s letter to the Philippians. Order your copy. We normally meet from 7:00-8:00PM Wednesdays; our start up date is yet to be determined. - Pr. Kevin Kritzer
Men's Morning Bible Study: We are taking a break due to COVID-19. We normally meet from 6:30-7:30AM in the Parish Lounge. *If you need to leave earlier for work, no problem! We‘re always looking for new men to join us, so as your schedule allows consider meeting with us as we study God‘s Good Word, fellowship, & pray together. - Karl Fink,
Women's Thursday Morning Bible Study: We are taking a break due to COVID-19. We normally meet in the Parish Lounge at 9:30AM. If you have any questions, please contact Meg Velez. You can get her contact information by calling the church office at 562-421-4711.
Men’s Breakfast & Bible Study: We are taking a break due to COVID-19. We normally meet on the 3rd Saturday of the month from 8:00AM to 9:30AM in the Parish Lounge. I will update this as we are able. Please pray about your participation in this group and consider joining us… and bring a friend! If you are interested in providing any part of our breakfast, please contact me as able! – Karl Fink,
Other Study Opportunities:
Read the Bible in 2020! Challenge yourself to read the entire Bible. It will take hard work and discipline, but the benefits are eternal. Just purchase The One Year Bible in a version that is easy for you to read. These books arrange the text of the Bible into 365 daily readings. Each day in The One Year Bible you will find a selection from the Old Testament, one from the New Testament, a portion from the Psalms, and a selection from the book of Proverbs. Each week there will be a study posted on the Bethany blog (www.bethanylutheran.blogspot.com) to help you stay on track and to communicate insights or ask questions. Need more information? Contact Pastor Seth,