At Bethany Lutheran Church, worship is a celebration of what God has done for us in His Son, Jesus Christ, our Lord and Savior—His initiative in our life, His saving events throughout history. Worship is a remembrance, a reenactment-if-you-will, of God's redemptive acts for all people throughout history; it is also a joyful reception through faith, by God's people now, who live to proclaim His redeeming grace to all the world. The Lutheran understanding of "Gottesdienst" or "God's service to us" and "our service to God" are foundational to all that we do in worship. God first comes to us, and we respond in confession, joyful praise, prayer and humble faith.
Worship Service times are:
Sunday at 8:00AM , 9:30AM and 10:55AM (convergent/blended style)*
*Musical styles within our worship services are "convergent," meaning that we use music from a variety of cultures, traditions and styles. Music is chosen in support of the theme or message of the day, always in keeping with the apostle Paul's recommendation that we praise God "…with psalms, hymns and spiritual songs." (Eph. 5:19) We use some of the best in the "praise song" genre along with hymns from the Lutheran Service Book, the worship supplement With One Voice, and the children's hymnal, All God's People Sing.
On high festival days we use brass, woodwind and string ensembles.
First Sunday Service @ 6:30PM - Worship Service
Jesus’ words that change and direct our personal Renaissance. Jesus loves us and Jesus lives for us! Jesus died for us and Jesus rose for us! Jesus speaks to us and Jesus saved us! Jesus also CHANGES us! Jesus transforms us! That is, He works a Renaissance within each heart that holds Him, and into which He is planted as Lord and Christ.
Our FIRST SUNDAY OF THE MONTH EVENING SERVICE will focus on this change, this transformation, this Renaissance that Jesus is working in us! We will use Jesus’ own words to hear and then “digest” this Renaissance work He would do on, in and through us. Each service will focus on a “red letter” portion of Scripture in which Jesus addresses the nature of discipleship. Renaissance of the Soul Sunday Evening service line-up:
- December 1st "FORGIVING" - John 3:17 & Matthew 18:23ff
- January 5th "GIVING" - Matthew 2:1-11 & Luke 6:38
- March 1st "SERVING" - Mark 10:45 & John 13:13-17
- April 5th "LOVING" - Matthew 12:30-33 & John 15:9-19
- May 3rd "GOING" - John 20:21 & Matthew 28:19-20
Upcoming SPECIAL Worship Times:
- November 27th - Thanksgiving Eve worship @ 7:00PM
- November 28th - Thanksgiving Day worship @ 10:00AM
- December 4th - Advent worship @ 7:00PM
- December 8th - Christmas Concerts @ 1:30, 4:00, & 7:00PM
- December 11th - Advent worship @ 7:00PM
- December 15th - Preschool's Christmas Concert @ 4:00PM
- December 18th - Advent worship led by our Day School @ 7:00PM
- December 24th - Christmas Eve worship @ 3:00, 5:00, & 11:00PM
- December 25th - Christmas Day worship @ 10:00AM
- December 31st - New Year's Eve worship @ 7:00PM
ReFuel - Midweek worship
Communion is celebrated at the 8:00AM and 10:55AM services on the first and third Sundays of each month.
Communion is celebrated at ALL 9:30AM Sunday morning services.
Those who believe the following statement to be true are most welcome to receive this sacrament: The Lord's Supper is celebrated at Bethany in the joyful confession that our Lord gives us His very Body and Blood for the forgiveness of sins in this sacrament. God intends this gift for His children who recognize their sin, trust in Christ as their Savior, desire to live for Him alone and join in this joyful confession.
Handicap parking and access to the sanctuary are readily available.
A signer for the deaf and hard of hearing is available in our 8:00AM service. We also have several new fm radio receivers for use by those with any hearing difficulty.