At Bethany Lutheran Church, worship is a celebration of what God has done for us in His Son, Jesus Christ, our Lord and Savior—His initiative in our life, His saving events throughout history. Worship is a remembrance, a reenactment-if-you-will, of God's redemptive acts for all people throughout history; it is also a joyful reception through faith, by God's people now, who live to proclaim His redeeming grace to all the world. The Lutheran understanding of "Gottesdienst" or "God's service to us" and "our service to God" are foundational to all that we do in worship. God first comes to us, and we respond in confession, joyful praise, prayer and humble faith.
Worship Service times are:
Sunday at 8:00AM , 9:30AM and 10:55AM (convergent/blended style)*
*Musical styles within our worship services are "convergent," meaning that we use music from a variety of cultures, traditions and styles. Music is chosen in support of the theme or message of the day, always in keeping with the apostle Paul's recommendation that we praise God "…with psalms, hymns and spiritual songs." (Eph. 5:19) We use some of the best in the "praise song" genre along with hymns from the Lutheran Service Book, the worship supplement With One Voice, and the children's hymnal, All God's People Sing.
On high festival days we use brass, woodwind and string ensembles.
Upcoming Special Worship Opportunities:
- Wednesday, November 22 - Thanksgiving Eve @ 7:00PM
- Thursday, November 23 - Thanksgiving Day @ 10:00AM
- Sunday, December 3 - Preschool Christmas Program @ 4:00PM
- Wednesday, December 6 - Family Advent Devotion @ 5:30PM; Advent Worship @ 7:00PM
- Sunday, December 10 - Christmas Concerts, "The Light Shines in the Darkness" @ 1:30, 4:00 & 7:00PM
- Wednesday, December 13 - Family Advent Devotion @ 5:30PM; Advent Worship @ 7:00PM
- Wednesday December 20 - Day School Christmas Program @ 7:00PM
- Sunday, December 24 - Sunday morning worship @ 9:00AM only; Christmas Eve Family Services @ 3:00 & 5:00PM; Christmas Eve Candle Light Service @ 11:00PM
- Monday, December 25 - Christmas morning worship @ 10:00AM
- Sunday, December 31 - Sunday morning worship @ 8:00, 9:30 & 10:55AM; New Year's Eve worship @ 7:00PM
Communion is celebrated at the 8:00AM and 10:55AM services on the first and third Sundays of each month.
Communion is celebrated at ALL 9:30AM Sunday morning services.
Those who believe the following statement to be true are most welcome to receive this sacrament: The Lord's Supper is celebrated at Bethany in the joyful confession that our Lord gives us His very Body and Blood for the forgiveness of sins in this sacrament. God intends this gift for His children who recognize their sin, trust in Christ as their Savior, desire to live for Him alone and join in this joyful confession.
Handicap parking and access to the sanctuary are readily available.
A signer for the deaf and hard of hearing is available in our 8:00AM service. We also have several new fm radio receivers for use by those with any hearing difficulty.