Bethany Lutheran School is fully-accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC) and National Lutheran School Accreditation (NLSA).
Mid-Cycle Progress Report (March 2018)
Why does accreditation matter?
- Accreditation certifies to the public that the school is a trustworthy institution of learning.
- It validates the integrity of a school’s program and student transcripts
- It fosters improvement of the school’s programs and operations to support student learning.
- It assures a school community that the school’s purposes are appropriate and being accomplished through a viable educational program
- It is a way to manage change through regular assessment, planning, implementing, monitoring and reassessment.
- It assists a school/district in establishing its priority areas for improvement as a result of the perpetual accreditation cycle that includes
- School self-assessment of the current educational program for students
- Insight and perspective from the visiting committee
- Regular school staff assessment of progress through the intervening years between full self-studies.
Adapted from the WASC site