In order to continue to provide quality care for all, please be considerate to both children and staff and keep your child home if they are sick or have been sick within 24 hours.
Children with the following symptoms are not to be sent to school and will be sent home:
- Temperature higher than 99 degrees Fahrenheit with any other symptoms listed below, within the last 24 hours.
- constant cough
- sore throat
- cold with a yellow-greenish nasal discharge
- general listlessness, fatigue, or headache
- Vomiting or diarrhea occurring within the past 24 hours
- An undiagnosed skin eruption or rash-- a note from a doctor is required to return to school
- Lice or nits in hair
- Taking antibiotics, but has not been on the antibiotics for a full 24 hours
- An eye discharge or crust
- A child with Conjunctivitis (Pink Eye) must stay out for 24 hours after the prescription medication starts and until all redness/discharges are gone.
- Ringworm-- must be treated by a physician and is contagious for 24-48 hours after treatment or unless covered by clothing
- Impetigo-- must be treated by a physician and is contagious for 24-48 hours after treatment
If your child becomes ill during the day, parents will be called and either a parent or someone from your Emergency Contact List will be expected to come for the child within the hour.
Before returning to school children must:
- be fever free for 24 hours without use of a fever-reducing medication such as Tylenol or Motrin
- be vomit and diarrhea free for 24 hours
- be completely free from eye discharge or crust
- be completely free from lice or nits in hair
- have taken antibiotics for a full 24 hours
**The preschool can only administer doctor prescribed medications. All medications brought to the school must have the original prescription with doctor's instructions**
If a child has been absent for 2 or more consecutive days due to illness, a doctor’s note is required before returning to school.