- Kayleigh Lopez ( ) - Minister of Youth, ext. 18
- QUICK LINK: Purchase your LCMS Youth Gathering Auction tickets online
*Sunday morning we meet for breakfast, highs & lows, and a Bible study in Youth Room.
*Sunday evenings for Youth Group we will be in the Youth Room or an otherwise location if noted. There will be a more in depth study accompanied by food, bonding, games, etc. You are welcome to join us anytime and are encouraged to bring friends.
- Sunday, March 17- High School Bible Discovery (9:15-10:30AM); High School Youth Group (4:00-6:00PM)
- Sunday, March 24- High School Bible Discovery (9:15-10:30AM); High School Youth Group (4:00-6:00PM)
- Sunday, March 31- High School Bible Discovery (9:15-10:30AM); High School Youth Group Game Night (3:30-6:30PM) at Get Air Trampoline Park (http://getairsurfcity.com/prices) in Huntington Beach. We will meet at Bethany at 3:30PM and carpool to the place. We will jump from 4:00-6:00PM and return to Bethany around 6:30PM. The cost is $22 for two hours. I AM IN NEED OF A FEW PARENTS WHO ARE WILLING TO DRIVE US TO AND FROM THE TRAMPOLINE PARK. *All kids must have a signed waiver in order to attend. It MUST be done before we leave! Link for waiver: https://surfcity.getairmanagement.com/Waiver2.html
- Sunday, April 7 - High School Bible Discovery (9:15-10:30AM); High School Youth Group (4:00-6:00PM)
- Sunday, April 14 - High School Bible Discovery (9:15-10:30AM); High School Youth Group (4:00-6:00PM)
- Sunday, April 21- Easter Sunday - NO High school Bible Discovery; NO High School Youth Group
- Sunday, April 28 - High School Bible Discovery (9:15-10:30AM); High School Youth Group (4:00-6:00PM) - GAME NIGHT! Game Night will be at the Angle's Home. Contact Kayleigh for address information.
- Sunday, May 5- High School Bible Discovery (9:15-10:30AM); High School Youth Group (4:00-6:00PM)
- Sunday, May 12 - High School Bible Discovery (9:15-10:30AM); High School Youth Group (4:00-6:00PM)
- Sunday, May 19 - High School Bible Discovery (9:15-10:30AM); NO High School Youth Group...The 8th graders are being Confirmed in Faith at the 10:55AM service on May 19th. I invite you and your families to join us at the 10:55AM service to support them!
- Friday, May 24 to Sunday, May 26 - Crossroads Retreat! Packets have been sent in the mail.
*Dates & events are subject to change. You will be contacted with any of those changes.
If you have any questions, please contact Kayleigh Lopez ( ). Registered participants...Please note the following dates:
- Friday, March 15 - Gathering payment due - $220
- Saturday, April 6, 2019 - Join us for our Auction/Dinner Event to help support our participants in their efforts to go the Gathering! Enjoy an amazing dinner in a fun and exciting “Minnesota State Fair” environment; all while bidding on fun live and silent auction items. Proceeds will go towards supporting those attending the 2019 LCMS Youth Gathering in Minneapolis, Minnesota. Tickets are $20/person.
- Ticket Sales for the Auction....Sunday morning ticket sales will be March 10th, 17th, 24th, and 31st in Hensley Square. Weekday ticket sales can be made in both the church and school offices and upstairs in the Youth Office. ***Purchasing a ticket online...If you wish to buy your auction event ticket(s) online, please click HERE! ***
- Tuesday, April 30– Youth Gathering Team Meeting from 6:30-7:30PM in the Youth Room; this meeting is for the Bethany Youth Participants attending the Gathering. Please put on your home calendar our last Team Meeting date on Tuesday, June 25.
- Click HERE to download a copy of the 2019 Auction Donation Letter.
- July 11-16, 2019 - 2019 Gathering in Minneapolis, Minnesota
*Turn ALL forms into Kayleigh lopez, Youth Minister.
- Year Long Youth Ministry Permission Form - Make sure that you have this form on file to participate in ALL YOUTH Events. Forms are available in the Youth Center if you need to fill one out or click on the link to print a copy. For the NEW September 2018-August 2019 form click HERE.
- Use of Personal Automobile Form - PARENTS...if you are a driver for any youth event, please fill out this form and have one on file for this school year. For the NEW September 2018-August 2019 form click HERE.
Thank you to the High School Youth who volunteered to help with this Sunday morning service to our congregation. The schedule was sent by email to the participants and is posted in three additional places on campus: in the Youth Room and on the Coffee & Donuts Cabinet in the kitchen. A reminder postcard will be mailed to you the month prior to your scheduled Sunday. This is a great way to earn funds into your youth account for use in going on retreats, gatherings, and mission trips as well as other high school youth events. *If you are interested in helping with this Sunday morning fellowship time, please contact Aimee Coleman at .
- Coffee & Donuts Schedule: February - July 2019
- High School - Bethany Lutheran High School Youth
- College - Anchor
*Both pages can be found through Bethany Lutheran Church’s Facebook page.
- Church - Bethany Lutheran Church - Long Beach
- School - Bethany Lutheran School - Long Beach
*Both apps can be found in Googleplay or the App Store
Other Social Media for the High School Youth - Be in the Know!
Instagram: Bethany_hsg Twitter: Bethany_hsg
Get to know Becca! Click HERE to watch a video.
High school youth interested in participating in Bethany's Music Ministry are encouraged to contact Dr. Carol McDaniel (Director of Music Arts) to get involved in The Bethany Choir, TheWordAlive Band, TheWordAlive Vocalists and/or one of our Hand Bell Choirs.
ACOLYTE AND CRUCIFER PROGRAM VOLUNTEERS:
Boys and girls in the 4th through 12th grades, who are members of Bethany Lutheran Church or non-members who participate in one of Bethany's education programs (e.g. Kid's Bible Discovery, Christian Day School, or Confirmation classes) are eligible to participate.