Questions? Kayleigh Lopez - Minister of Youth
at or 562-421-4711, ext. 18
Our High School Youth Ministry sponsored
Scholastic Book Fair is coming to Bethany!
SAVE THE DATES...Sunday, December 4 to Sunday, December 11 in the Parish Lounge - Start checking off gifts from your Christmas lists and give the gift of reading! More information will be coming soon about our special Family Night and times the fair will be open for your shopping pleasure. Proceeds from this fair help support our High School Youth Ministry.
HIGH SCHOOL YOUTH - we will set up the Book Fair on Saturday, December 3 and then the Fair will run December 4-11. Take down will be immediately when the Fair ends on December 11. Kayleigh will be sending out sign ups for you or your parents/grandparent/aunt or uncle, etc that will work the fair for you to earn funds/value to your youth account. Talk to Kayleigh if you have any questions.
Questions? Contact Kayleigh Lopez, or call her cell at (309) 397-6583.
The Book Fair Hours:
- Sunday, December 4th: 7:30-11:00AM PLUS after each of the Christmas Concerts
- Monday, December 5th: 8:00-9:00AM, 12:00-1:00PM & 3:00-4:30PM
- Tuesday, December 6th: 8:00-9:00AM, 12:00-1:00PM & 3:00-4:30PM
- Wednesday, December 7th: 8:00-9:00AM, 12:00-1:00PM & 3:00-5:00PM, PLUSE a Special Family Night from 5:00-6:30PM
- Thursday, December 8th: 8:00-9:00AM, 12:00-1:00PM & 3:00-4:30PM
- Friday, December 9th: 8:00-9:00AM, 12:00-1:00PM & 3:00-4:30PM
- Sunday, December 11th: 7:30-11:00AM
Our next three months...Dates and times are subject to change...
- 12/2 - Christmas Cookie Decorating @ Bethany in the Gym...more information will be coming soon. Please consider signing up to volunteer. All proceeds raised go toward funding the LCMS Youth Gathering in New Orleans, LA.
- 12/3 - Book Fair Set-Up from 9AM-12PM in the Parish Lounge
- 12/4 - Youth Group @ Bethany 4-6PM
- 12/4 to 12/11 - Book Fair @ Bethany in the Parish Lounge...sign up to volunteer to work the Book Fair this week. Great way to earn funds in your Youth Account to use towards Youth Ministry activities. More information coming soon.
- 12/11 - Under Grace...Under 8...in Underwear (during 9:30AM worship); Youth Group @ Bethany 4-6PM
- 12/18 - Under Grace...Under 8...in Underwear (during 9:30AM worship); Youth Group Christmas Party @ Kayleigh's house 4-6:30PM; includes white elephant gift exchange, dinner, snacks, games, prizes and an ugly Christmas sweater contest.
- 12/25 - NO Youth Group...Merry Christmas!
- 1/1 - NO Youth Group - Happy New Year!
- 1/8 - Under Grace...Under 8...in Underwear (during 9:30AM worship); Youth Group @ Bethany 4-6PM
- 1/15 - Under Grace...Under 8...in Underwear (during 9:30AM worship); Youth Group @ Bethany 4-6PM
- 1/19 - Juniors Dinner (11th Grade) @ The Hangar 6:00-7:30PM
- 1/22 - Under Grace...Under 8...in Underwear (during 9:30AM worship); Youth Group @ Bethany 4-6PM
- 1/29 - Under Grace...Under 8...in Underwear (during 9:30AM worship); Youth Group Game Night @ The Lange's Home from 4-6PM
- 2/5 - Youth Group @ Bethany 4-6PM
- 2/12 - Under Grace...Under 8...in Underwear (during 9:30AM worship); Youth Group @ Bethany 4-6PM
- 2/19 - Under Grace...Under 8...in Underwear (during 9:30AM worship); NO Youth Group (Ocitillo Wells Family Campout)
- 2/26 - Under Grace...Under 8...in Underwear (during 9:30AM worship); Youth Group @ Bethany 4-6PM
These dinners are designed to offer specific classes to gather together and bond. Dinner may take place at various restaurants, youth minister's house, etc.
Under Grace...Under 8...In Underwear!
A new Sunday Morning Children's Ministry. Volunteers will be needed to help run check in, games, and quality control. Please consider signing up to become part of our volunteer team. This is a great way to get volunteer/service hours for your school! Contact Alissa Brege ( ) for more information.
Game Nights - Are you able to help?
LAST Sunday of every month is our High School Youth Group Game Night and we are looking for families that would be willing to open their home up for this game night from 4:00-6:00pm. Contact Kayleigh Lopez ( ) and she can answer any questions you may have. Your hospitality is most appreciated!
+ + + + +
Hey High School Families,
Our Sunday evening Youth Group will be on Bethany's campus, 4:00-6:00PM; unless something else is noted on that date.
The High School Youth Group utilizes the WhatsApp. Please read the information below to get set up.
If your child is entering into their freshman year of High School, I would like to add them to the High School Youth Group WhatsApp.
The High School Youth Group communicates through “WhatsApp”. “WhatsApp” is a free messaging application on Smart phones that will allow for the user to send and receive text messages, calls, photos, videos and voice messages.
Text message is one of the biggest ways I communicate with the Youth Group about upcoming Bible Studies and events. Over the last year is has become apparent that using standard text messaging is no longer a viable option.
Our Youth Group has outgrown the ability to have all of our members in a single group chat via standard text message. “WhatsApp” helps to eliminate that problem and will allow for Android and iPhones users to communicate in the same group chat.
Please consider allowing your child to download and use the “WhatsApp” so that this line of communication may continue. If you have any questions about this App please feel free to email, call or text me. I had attached a picture of the app so you can make sure you are using the correct one.
-Kayleigh Lopez, DCE
Youth Ministry Year Long Permission Form - Families with youth in grades 6-12 must have this form on file to participate in ANY & ALL YOUTH MINISTRY Events. The Youth Ministry Year Long Permission Form is an ONLINE FORM! Click the link below to fill out this online form:
- Youth Ministry (grades 6-12) Year Long Permission Form 2022-2023 *begins 9/1/22-8/31/23
WE NEED VOLUNTEERS! High School Youth...if you are interested in volunteering to help with Coffee & Donuts on Sunday mornings please click on the link below. There are two opportunities (i.e. two fellowship times, one after each morning service) on Sunday mornings. This is a great way for youth to interact with members of our congregation, work alongside another youth and add funds into their own Youth Ministry Youth Account. The value in their youth account may be used towards paying for any Youth Ministry event they wish to participate in. If you would like more information or have any questions, please send an email to Aimee Coleman at .
- Church - Bethany Lutheran Church Long Beach, CA
- School - Bethany Lutheran School Long Beach, CA
- Church - Bethany Lutheran Church - Long Beach
- School - Bethany Lutheran School - Long Beach
*Both apps can be found in Googleplay or the App Store
Other Social Media for the High School Youth - Be in the Know!
High school youth interested in participating in Bethany's Music Ministry are encouraged to contact Mara Widmann at to get involved in The Bethany Choir, TheWordAlive Band, TheWordAlive Vocalists and/or one of our Hand Bell Choirs.
ACOLYTE AND CRUCIFER PROGRAM VOLUNTEERS:
Boys and girls in the 4th through 12th grades, who are members of Bethany Lutheran Church or non-members who participate in one of Bethany's education programs (e.g. Kid's Bible Discovery, Christian Day School, or Confirmation classes) are eligible to participate.