- Kayleigh Lopez ( ) - Minister of Youth, ext. 18
Hey High School Families,
I wanted to give you an update on a few things that we are doing for the High School Youth Group during the COVID-19 breakout.
SUNDAY EVENINGS...Every Sunday evening at 4:00PM there will be a High School Youth Group Zoom. We had our first this past Sunday with a few kids and it was a great time of study and hanging out. I have a few online games that we can play via Zoom as well.
The youth will have a link to the Zoom meeting sent to them via Whats App. Please encourage them to check for the link.
In order to use Zoom, you will need to download it onto your device. https://zoom.us/home?zcid=2478 Zoom is currently offering a free plan because of COVID-19. I encourage you to utilize this app. My husband Ben and I have had Zoom Bible studies, game nights and family chats. It is an easy way to stay connected to your loved ones.
SUNDAY MORNINGS...I will be sending out a short devotion on Sunday mornings via the Whats App. I had a few tech glitches this past Sunday and didn’t get it out to them. I will be making the video in IMovie or Vimeo instead and send them the link.
CROSSROADS...I am still accepting and receiving Crossroad applications. At this time, we are holding off on making any payments as everything is up in the air.
WATCH PARTIES...Last Friday, we had a Netflix watch party, while fun it was not something every youth could do. I have been researching ways to host a watch party that is open to all youth who have a laptop or phone. I have found a few different ways to go about this and I am currently looking for the best option. I will let the kids know via the Whats App and email out instruction on how to join any watch party.
In the meantime, I hope you are all doing well and staying safe. Do not hesitate to reach out if you are in need. Bethany is here to support our families.
- In Christ, Kayleigh Lopez
*Sunday morning we normally meet for breakfast, highs & lows, and a Bible study in Youth Room. **If you wish to help with Sunday morning breakfast, click on this link to sign up to help: https://www.mealtrain.com/trains/y28g8l
*Sunday evenings for Youth Group we normally will be in the Youth Room or an otherwise location if noted. There will be a more in depth study accompanied by food, bonding, games, etc. You are welcome to join us anytime and are encouraged to bring friends.
Crossroad Retreat 2020 :
- Dates: May 29-31, 2020 @ Camp Cedar Lake, Big Bear
- Cost: $140 ($80 non-refundable due 3/15 + $30 due 4/19 + $30 due 5/10) **Registration and first payment were originally due March 15th. However...Please do not worry about making this deadline. It is now an open ended deadline. Please keep an eye out for any further communication regards Crossroads.**
- *If you need a copy of the Crossroad's Packet, click HERE to download. Crossroad Packet includes: Information Letter, Registration Form, Tentative Schedule, Packing List, and Map of Camp.
- Questions? Contact Kayleigh Lopez,
- April information TBD at this time.
*Dates & events are subject to change. You will be contacted with any of those changes.
*Turn ALL forms into Kayleigh lopez, Youth Minister.
- Year Long Youth Ministry Permission Form - Make sure that you have this form on file to participate in ALL YOUTH Events. Forms are available in the Youth Center if you need to fill one out or click on the link to print a copy. **For the Sept.2019-Aug.2020 form click HERE.
- Use of Personal Automobile Form - PARENTS...if you are a driver for any youth event, please fill out this form and have one on file for this school year. **For the Sept.2019-Aug.2020 form click HERE.
Thank you to the High School Youth who volunteered to help with this Sunday morning service to our congregation. The schedule was sent by email to the participants and is posted in three additional places on campus: in the Youth Room and on the Coffee & Donuts Cabinet in the kitchen. A reminder postcard will be mailed to you the month prior to your scheduled Sunday. This is a great way for your youth account to gain value and may be used towards going on retreats, gatherings, and mission trips as well as other high school youth events. *If you are interested in helping with this Sunday morning fellowship time, please contact Aimee Coleman at .
- Coffee & Donuts Schedule: February - July 2020
- High School - Bethany Lutheran High School Youth
- College - Anchor
*Both pages can be found through Bethany Lutheran Church’s Facebook page.
- Church - Bethany Lutheran Church - Long Beach
- School - Bethany Lutheran School - Long Beach
*Both apps can be found in Googleplay or the App Store
Other Social Media for the High School Youth - Be in the Know!
Instagram: Bethany_hsg Twitter: Bethany_hsg
High school youth interested in participating in Bethany's Music Ministry are encouraged to contact Dr. Carol McDaniel (Director of Music Arts) to get involved in The Bethany Choir, TheWordAlive Band, TheWordAlive Vocalists and/or one of our Hand Bell Choirs.
ACOLYTE AND CRUCIFER PROGRAM VOLUNTEERS:
Boys and girls in the 4th through 12th grades, who are members of Bethany Lutheran Church or non-members who participate in one of Bethany's education programs (e.g. Kid's Bible Discovery, Christian Day School, or Confirmation classes) are eligible to participate.